Saturday, October 2, 2010

Linnia

Goddess of Caretakers, Gardens, Grandchildren, Sailing and Yoga

Linnia's sister will passover soon.  She has brain cancer.  She has been unyielding in her fight to beat it and to live a normal life again – as a mother of three sons, a wife, a potter, a sister, friend, neighbor, artist and so much more. She is a remarkable woman. I know the struggle to survive each day is exhausting for her and I pray for her to find peace.

Linnia, in her forties, is the youngest goddess that gathers here by the sea, yet she has suffered many losses already – both of her parents and two of her siblings have passed.  I hope that the wisdom she gained through those losses will help her as she struggles through another. She is strong of mind, body and will.  She bubbles with energy.  She is a caretaker of all living things and in particular, her family. It is hard to watch my dear friend bear the pain of another loss. The goddesses have shared too many. It’s always my wish that I could take the pain from those I love. I think the hardest thing is to accept that I cannot.  As we sat in circle last night, musing, listening, laughing, crying and loving, one of the goddesses reminded us of philosopher and mystic Chardin’s quote, “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
                                                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment